Medical waste is a specialized waste stream that is regulated by federal and state governmental agencies. Health care facilities, including hospitals, physician’s offices, dental offices, veterinary hospitals and other clinics, all generate medical waste that requires special handling and disposal. Other facilities that often generate medical waste are laboratories/research centers, education facilities and pet shops.
AEG can handle both biohazard and sharps waste. Biohazardous waste includes items such as fluid blood or fluid blood products, infectious secretions, laboratory waste, microbiology specimens, surgery specimens, animal parts or animal fluids contaminated with infectious agents known to be contagious to humans. Sharps waste includes items such as hypodermic needles, syringes, blades and needles with attached tubing, broken glass items, syringes contaminated with biohazardous waste, acupuncture needles, root canal files, or any other device capable of cutting or piercing. Our hazardous waste technicians can also handle pharmaceuticals and amalgam wastes generated at your facility.
AEG is MORE than a medical waste transportation company. We handle specialized projects, such as decanting tissue and cleaning trauma sites. Medical waste is dangerous and should be handled, cleaned, packaged, transported and treated properly. Arch Environmental Group provides various medical waste services that can assist your facility biologically safe and compliant.
How We Can Assist You
- Red Bag Medical Waste Sterilization and Disposal
- Medical Waste Supply Inventory: Tubs, Sharps Containers, Red Bags and Specialty Items
- Specializing in Small Practices, Clinics and Home Health Care Companies
- Dental Office Medical Waste and Amalgam Disposal
- Off-Site Tissue Decanting Services for Tissue in Formalin
- Medical Waste Program Development and Disposal Services for Schools, Colleges and Universities
- Bloodborne Pathogen Training Services
- Specialty Service for Disaster Emergency Response Clean-up Contractors
- Service Contacts Available for Muti-Year Agreements
- Pharmaceutical Disposal Services Available
- Sharps Sterilization and Disposal